The core operation of Murray Mallee Training Company Ltd (MMTC Ltd) is the employment, training, development and monitoring of apprentices and trainees (Group Training). We have seven (7) office locations with our administrative centre based in Swan Hill.
In addition MMTC Ltd has value-added to its service provision through the adoption of a broad range of labour and training programs.
MMTC Ltd is also a:
- Registered Training Organisation
- Member of Group Training Australia
Leading the way in the provision of employment and training services "To Make A Difference".
To develop and deliver employment and training opportunities and services tailored to support the individual needs of employers, jobseekers and industry promoting personal and economic development.
Values & Behaviours
Recently Murray Mallee Training Company underwent a facilitated and carefully planned process to create a framework incorporating a range of issues which have lead to the Company's Strategic Plan for the next three (3) years.
The aims of the process were to:
- Achieve ownership of the outputs by all stakeholders
- Encourage unified support for the company and agreement on short, medium and long term goals
- Ensure the long-term future of Murray Mallee Training Company's interests and activities
The Strategic Plan will drive the organisation as well as providing the framework for the achievement of:
- Strengthening the skills base of the community through providing Murray Mallee Training Company services
- A quantum shift in taking delivery and services to the community
- Total training and employment solutions by using community resources
- A significant increase in access for and participation by isolated and marginalized communities
- Current industry knowledge is disseminated to school students and through the use and promotion of training packages, new regional benchmarks in training are set
The principles held by the company and which drive these goals are:
- Strong Vision and Purpose
- Community participation
- Equal access and opportunity
- Integration of services
- Clear lines of accountability and responsibility
- Focus on improved customer outcomes
- Facilitated partnership agreements
Regions that Murray Mallee Training Company service are in the unique situation of strong and very positive economic growth. The major obstacle to ensuring management of this growth is a labour force, which is equipped with the skills required by industry.
This means attracting qualified, professional and semi-skilled people who can:
- Fill the skills gap
- Disseminate their knowledge
- Gain access to ongoing training